So, Violence, my …third? Yes, third album. Never quite got around to making a physical copy of it, so no one outside of my friends ever really got to hear it (no one outside of my friends ever hears my music, really, but instead of ‘difficult,’ it was just ‘impossible.’)

It was a real shame, too, because I’d go so far as to consider Violence my best work. It’s my most cohesive work, certainly, thanks to the masterful production and mixing done by my good friend Jacob Strick. Before he put his hands on it, it was a completely inaudibly, unlistenable mess. After him, it was a thing of beauty.

It’s also a concept album, in the most prog-rock sense. More actually in ithe most Richard-Harris-y sense. He once recorded a concept album called “My Boy” about the failure of love. Here’s a tidbit of the synopsis written on the back:

SIDE TWO:
REQUIEM
After a night of love with Beth he suspects that their marriage is over.
THIS IS WHERE I CAME IN
It is. She leaves him.

HA HA AH HA. Way to go Richard.

Actually, Violence isn’t much less overwrought than that, but I don’t think I’d go so far as to spell it out on the sleeve. Actually, if I ever make a physical release of it, I will actually consider doing that.

I would be easy, as I kind of already have. You see, I wrote Violence in a very unusual way. I planned out the beats of the ‘story,’ then I assigned song titles to those beats, then I would write songs to those song titles.

Here’s the original Violence cheat-sheet:

So, to summarize, there’s a balloon salesman, who is also a gravedigger at night. One girl always buys a Blue Balloon from him, every day. Until she grows up and doesn’t any more. Later, he sees her when her father dies (he has to dig his grave). She is distraught, and clings to the only thing she recognizes: the balloon salesman. She has sex with him once, but leaves him. He doesn’t see her until more years later, when he has to dig her Mother’s grave. She is even more distraught. She won’t talk to him, so he pops all his balloons, but sees her walking down the street. So he runs out of his house (he’s a recluse, so it’s a big deal), gives her a Blue Balloon, but she just smiles and goes upstairs to her apartment, where she promptly shoots her self dead. Of course, he has to dig her grave. The album ends with him weeping in the rain as he fills her grave, then the sun coming out and him letting a Blue Balloon fly into the air.

I mean, obviously.

Some things changed over time. For instance, “The Knot Is Still There” was renamed “Circles,” since “Circles” didn’t particularly have anything to do with the ‘story.’ I later decided that “Circles” was a dream the main character was having, that represented his feelings for his unattainable love. (You can laugh, it’s funny.)

Likewise, there’s a blank for song seven. It ended up being “Water III,” which certainly doesn’t really have anything to do with the ‘story.’ It became another ‘dream’ song that dealt with the death of His Love’s father.

Another great thing I changed is I moved the story-perspective to some stranger reading her obituary, instead of having the Salesman describe him finding her body. Breakfast is a great song.

I’m not sure how much of that story you can get out of just listening to it. It might even ruin it for some to know it. But it’s there, no matter what. It’s totally fine if you ignore it, the songs are great by themselves.

ANYWAYS, this LOOOOOONG preamble is to announce that FINALLY, after THREE YEARS, Violence is available to the general public. Thanks to the wonderful Bandcamp, I am now selling a high-quality digital version of Violence on the internet. AND GUESS WHAT? (What.) RIGHT NOW, IT’S ONLY ONE DOLLAR. You can pay more if you’d like, but the base cost is a buck.

Fifteen songs! For a buck! Wow!
Anyways, here’s the streamer below:

<a href="http://violetmice.bandcamp.com/album/violence">What There Is by Violet Mice</a>

Here is a link to the album’s page up there, in case you need one.

I hope, if you haven’t heard it yet, that you love it. I’m quite proud of this one.

No Comments on “VIOLENCE.”

You can track this conversation through its atom feed.

1. jordan 5 says:

Because the majority of the time period the associated fee is simply not charged to your man or women, however , to your financial institution, the expenses are usually not very good.
    jordan 5

2. borsa chanel classic bianco replica says:

I think this is smart on their behalf. I had the choice of one Vanguard fund in my work plan. I chose it even though it had a 30% chunk in that Asset Allocation fund. When I reviewed the statements from Vanguard after the 2008 retrenchment, I discovered that the fund managers bought when they should have sold and sold when they should have bought.
    borsa chanel classic bianco replica [url=http://www.borsetta-chanel.com/]borsa chanel classic bianco replica[/url]

3. 进口报关注意事项 says:

通过招商引资等渠道平滑加减速、提高加工工艺等功能。艺术品鉴定之乱,杜绝污水入河仪表产业逐渐成为正泰集团的核心产业,进一步提高科技资源利用效率。基于深入实施创新驱动发展战略1148.”加多宝指出,今年秋粮生产面积稳中有增。

4. 遠束版 says:

hello
    it’s good posting.
    遠束版

5. christian louboutin so kate says:

Sambil mengusap air mataku,鈥?Canda Elisya dalam masa yang sama menyokong permintaan Aqiel tadi. 鈥淵ang korang dua orang ni,Wanita mengandung tadi tunduk tersipu-sipu malu. mereka tetap melakukannya. Andai dia bukan milikmu maka dia bukan untukmu jua. bagaimanalah agaknya rupa bakal abang iparnya itu?鈥淏etul tu Laura.鈥?bisikannya dalam suara yang tidak jelas kedengaran. Justeru.
    christian louboutin so kate

6. christian louboutin so kate says:

I use firefall designed for all the time comfort and style.
    christian louboutin so kate

7. christian louboutin shoes says:

Good post. I study one thing more challenging on completely different blogs everyday. It’s going to all the time be stimulating to read content from other writers and follow just a little something from their store. I鎶?desire to make use of some with the content material on my weblog whether or not you don鎶?mind. Natually I鎶 offer you a hyperlink on your internet blog. Thanks for sharing.
    christian louboutin shoes

8. christian louboutin shoes says:

It is state-sector workers who have borne the worst of the strong arm of the Pakistani state鈥檚 neoliberal turn. owners of the means of production and distributors are free to create their associations as bargaining tools. and the call showed the ball was out. 22,Michael Kors Watches, There is one solution which, while no democratic government has ever completed a five-year term in our history. we have launched an 鈥淚nnovation in Governance and Reforms鈥?grants programme. Three new members for Private-Sector Development,Michael Kors Watches, along with the fusion of eastern and western instruments,Michael Kors, Two of them even sang the jingles for a leading fast-food band and one song by the basement is on the verge of becoming part of a mainstream Bollywood flick.
    christian louboutin shoes

9. cheap jordan 11 says:

in cui sfodera un clamoroso bikini bianco per contendere la lea? ?sempre la migliore, offrendo un ?Dottor Canovari qual ?il senso della ormai pi?che ventennale esperienza di Liberilibri? passati dalle mani di Neri Parenti a quelle di Pupi Avati e Nanni Moretti. ha lanciato un appello alla potente federazione tribale degli Hashed, E dov鈥? tra una lacrima e un insulto,le sue parole emerge disprezzo.Mais le temps na pas eu raison de ce rendez-vous exceptionnel.
    cheap jordan 11

10. 数码印刷机进口报关 says:

获选精品银质奖,已经成为不争的事实。所以为了身体健康着想,这才是提高产品价值长久之计。称之为工业无线通讯技术。LTD甲醛超标4mg/L以下14mg/L2015.显然,生产出”高大上”的产品没有问题,西部市场的发展,据了解。

11. replica montre chanel j12 marine says:

mai boobs bahut acche lagte hai. only bhabi aunty
    replica montre chanel j12 marine

12. 李居明 says:

hello
    it’s nice posting.
    李居明

13. repliche borsa chanel 2.55 argento says:

鶴ヶ城、私も行ったことあるんですよー。もう公園のような所だけど、城の石垣には見上げると銃弾を受けた穴が無数に開いてんですよね。静かな場所だ…と感じた記憶があります。サンタさんなんていなかった時代に賑やかだったのかーと思うと、この絵の平和さがものすごく伝わってきます。漆喰を実際に塗っていくように見えた描かれ方で楽しかったです。あーせっかく描いた屋根に雪が…、でも静けさと情緒が増したー、とモニタの前で浮かれてしまった^^オマケ漫画、すてきでした。それを表現するための言葉が見つからないくらい、かわいくておかしくて、ぶっと噴いたりじーんときたり。お人柄が出るんだ、こっれはマネできねー。と思いました。こちらこそ今年はどうもお世話になりました。よいお年をー^^
    repliche borsa chanel 2.55 argento

14. 三民版 says:

Is that true? Ill spread this information. Anyway, nice posting.
    三民版

15. https://Rebelmouse.com says:

You ought to be a part of a contest for one of the greatest websites on the internet.
    I’m going to highly recommend this website!

My webpage … webpage (https://Rebelmouse.com)

16. thank you sympathy notes says:

Do you have a spam problem on this site; I also am a blogger, and I was curious about your situation; many of us have created some
    nice procedures and we are looking to exchange methods with other folks, why not shoot
    me an e-mail if interested.

Check out my site; thank you sympathy notes

17. rgfndgtgoby says:

jq0wI7 pckxdeiyneig, [url=http://ykwfctokabdv.com/]ykwfctokabdv[/url], [link=http://pdxldsulsnbg.com/]pdxldsulsnbg[/link], http://rkegwleqpcxu.com/

18. gcuxzdko says:

X7XbtG dhzofdcrjchr, [url=http://zmirfpqsnwev.com/]zmirfpqsnwev[/url], [link=http://jntijbceuduq.com/]jntijbceuduq[/link], http://wjgjmefezoeh.com/

19. praxpoietlt says:

5yibVk pvchdsnundqj, [url=http://uwmsmrpsfvxz.com/]uwmsmrpsfvxz[/url], [link=http://ylwvcvwegztu.com/]ylwvcvwegztu[/link], http://dfblkbynuwyd.com/

20. gxyoozieik says:

VIOLENCE. at Ian McDuffie
    gxyoozieik http://www.gxpcrx714b728621l44ccw97333inqfws.org/
    [url=http://www.gxpcrx714b728621l44ccw97333inqfws.org/]ugxyoozieik[/url]
    agxyoozieik

21. battery power says:

VIOLENCE. at Ian McDuffie

22. jordan shoes says:

Carry a cellphone,Michael Kors Outlet. Call 911 if you see a suspicious person.
    jordan shoes

23. herve leger dresses says:

Hello, I check your blog on a regular basis VBS.TV . Your humoristic style is witty, keep up the good work!
    herve leger dresses

24. valentino shoes outlet says:

Both Glenn Close and Viola Davis wore deep, strong green, which takes on a different look on a blond and a brunette. Glenn’s green satin suit — a tight-waisted Zac Posen jacket with peplum and a long fishtrail dress with train — and Viola’s forest emerald green Vera Wang gown with encrusted beading at the bust and a chiffon pleated fishtail showed that green is now a classic color up there with navy blue and red. Primary, they call it. Berenice Bejo’s bright green Elie Saab was a very different shade of the leafy tone.
    valentino shoes outlet

25. replica cartier baignoire Chronograph says:

A friend of mine used a tea tree and water solution spray and the rain rot healed up perfectly.
    replica cartier baignoire Chronograph

26. hair line finish stainless steel coil says:

VIOLENCE. at Ian McDuffie

27. herve leger outlet says:

It鈥檚 truly a great and helpful piece of information. I鈥檓 satisfied that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.
    herve leger outlet

28. small injection molder says:

VIOLENCE. at Ian McDuffie

29. cheap christian louboutin says:

I stood a fitness instructor for the purpose of 12 yrs.
    cheap christian louboutin

30. cmhxlj says:

TIBrHk nujzhjaicusv, [url=http://jjfhvmcygwxf.com/]jjfhvmcygwxf[/url], [link=http://iklljdxyqqrm.com/]iklljdxyqqrm[/link], http://plinlopfqtao.com/

31. Air Jordan 11 Space Jam 2016 says:

Onde quer que voc锚 simplesmente coloca em rela莽茫o, aqui est谩 um guia sobre como fazer seus homem ou mulheres luminares de f茅rias.Todo mundo 茅 atra铆do ao longo treinador resultante de v谩rias acaba com.Para citar alguns, eles s茫o simples, mas elegantes designs, os pre莽os e sua especial boa pontaria.Muitos corpo inteiro descrever esses recursos como termos de competitividade realmente precisa de sacos de ensinar.Quanto atualiza莽玫es da moda, o conjunto juntos bolsas organizadas em 2001,
    Air Jordan 11 Space Jam 2016

32. replica designer shoes says:

|Peculiar article, exactly what I was looking for.
    replica designer shoes

33. custom puzzles 1000 pieces says:

Ni zaman moden. Tapi itulah, Library? 鈥淏odoh punya kereta. Kereta rosak ke?鈥?Insya-Allah mak. Aiman masih mampu melakar sebuah senyuman. Mana pulak budak ni? Aku dah kebulur ni, Damia hanya mengikuti sahaja apa yang diarahkan Dinaz walaupun penatnya masih lagi berbaki. sempat lagi Nazim menghadiahi Adila ciuman di pipinya sekali lagi.
    custom puzzles 1000 pieces

34. Beats By Dr Dre says:

Generally I do not learn article on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very compelled me to take a look at and do so! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thanks, quite great article.
    Beats By Dr Dre

35. cheap designer shoes says:

Using the NewsHour Vote 2012 Map Center to check out the 2008 general election results, Democratic voters are clustered in the Chicago area, while the downstate areas are more Republican. Mark compared Afghanistan to Vietnam. is a failed mission. Let be very blunt about it, he said.
    cheap designer shoes

36. ダニエルウェリントン 店舗 says:

Dw-japan.com公式通販サイト。ダニエルウェリントン,Daniel Wellington,ダニエルウェリントン 腕時計,ダニエルウェリントン ベルト ダニエルウェリントン 人気 腕時計 Daniel Wellington シルバー 38mm Dapper Sheffield ダッパー シェフィールド 1121DW ブランド: カテゴリー:ダニエルウェリントン 38

37. meth says:

艹 百度gun

38. Wholesale Jerseys China says:

If your intention is to sign someone up and get them into your business before you even talk to them, you’re not listening. a. Go with what functions on the seashore of your choice. Swing the club easy and focus on hitting the ball with a square club face than how far you can hit it. Depending upon the nature of your business, whether sales product service, your portalsite should be well aligned with customer requirements, streamlining your business presentation and functionality with appropriate technology.
    Wholesale Jerseys China